Struggling with Desire2Learn (D2L)? Register for the updated D2L Starter Course! The Starter Course has been developed to allow you to quickly leverage D2L in an online, hybrid, or face-to-face class format.
The recently updated “D2L Starter Course (December 2014)” is a D2L course that includes a number of useful templates and other resources available for you to copy and modify for use in your D2L courses. The course has updated links, templates, and addresses many of the 5th edition Quality Matters standards.
- Content Organization including a “Start Here” module and unit modules
- Student resources for D2L assistance, UW-W policies and procedures, campus services, library resources, and resources for students with special needs
- Sample D2L Rubrics that can be linked to the gradebook or dropbox
- Links to the Online Learning Resources site, including an Online Readiness Assessment
- A mid-course student evaluation survey to help you gauge that the course is meeting your (and your students’) expectations
- A LockDown Browser quiz to ensure your students are prepared to take a D2L quiz that is set up to use LockDown Browser
- Discussion starter ideas for online discussions administered in the D2L discussion forum
We welcome any suggestions or comments about the new starter course. Your feedback allows us to continuously improve the resources we provide to support faculty and staff.
Questions and feedback can be sent to UW-W D2L Support.