On Thursday, November 20th, Desire2Learn Inc. deployed Service Pack 11 and 12 to our D2L Learning Environment. In this latest update, the following fixes and enhancements were included:
- Fix: Screenreaders no longer falsely announce changes to dates as if they were live regions.
- Fix: Checklist item descriptions that exceed 4000 characters are now saved and displayed successfully.
- Enhancement: In new courses, the first time instructors access the content tool, the “Table of Contents” landing page now includes an informative message about importing course material and creating modules.
- Enhancement: The content navigation panel usability was updated to provide a collapsible navigation panel. The next and previous buttons were also relocated to make it clear if you were moving between topics or modules.
- Enhancement: User can now navigate more easily through topics with the addition of Next and Previous icons above and below the content.
- Fix: Improvements were made to prevent sort order issues due to deleted and reordering Content topics.
- Fix: Users’ completion status for group dropbox folders now display correctly in Content. Completion tracking for a user’s submission is no longer cleared due to subsequent submissions to the group dropbox folder by other group members.
- Fix: Posts with attachments containing filenames valid in iOS but not in Windows no longer cause topics or thread to become inaccessible.
- Fix: Dropbox submissions from users who are no longer enrolled in sections can now be opened and evaluated.
- Enhancement: Previously the same warning message was displayed when users attempted to overwrite existing files with uploaded or moved items in a location where an items with the same name already exists. Now, different messages display after the following actions:
- If users cut and past, or copy and paste a folder to a location that already has a folder with the same name, they see a message informing them that if they complete the action the contents of the new and existing folders will be merged and any existing files with the same name will be overwritten by the new files.
- If users upload, or cut and paste a file into a folder that already has a file with the same name, they see a message informing them that if they complete the action the new file will overwrite the existing file.
- If users copy and paste a file within its own folder, a number is appended to the end of the copied file’s name and the file is pasted as a duplicate. No message is displayed.
- Enhancement: Users will no longer see a percentage value indicating the percentage of bonus points they received compared to the total available bonus points. For example, “5″ will replace “5/0″.
- Enhancement: A “save and close” button is now available in Grades for grading a single item.
- Fix: When adding a grade item to a dropbox assignment in Content, the correct list of available grade schemes is now displayed.
- Enhancement: When users enter a URL in HTML Editor, it will automatically be converted into a link.
- Fix: Users in Internet Explorer 10 can now immediately enter text into the HTML Editor for a new Content topic after they change the file path for the topic through the “Change Path” option.
- Fix: When users select text in HTML Editor that they want to use to insert a quicklink to a URL, the select text now automatically populates the Title Field in the quicklink’s URL details.
- Enhancement: The quiz time limit on the quiz detail page is now displayed in hours, minutes and seconds. Previously, it was specified as an integer with no units.
- Enhancement: Previously, the Quizzes tool communicated that a quiz was always available to users by including the word “Always” on the Quiz List page. The language has now been changed to read “Always Available” to avoid confusion.
- Enhancement: The “Time Remaining” clock now displays hours, minutes and seconds. Previously, it only displayed hours and minutes.
- Fix: Improvements were made to the Question Library importing process to ensure questions and sections maintained proper ordering within a quiz.
- Fix: Ordering questions with long text answer options now wrap correctly to the page width and do not require horizontal scrolling to read the full text.
- Fix: Rubric associations are now maintained when copying discussion topics using Copy Course Components.
- Fix: Rubric associations are now maintained when multiple courses have access to the same rubrics after using Copy Course Components.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W D2L Support.