Ever needed to find a group member for a project, but you don’t know anyone? Ever wanted to start a study group for your class, but you don’t know their emails?
Using the D2L Classlist, you can quickly find the names and emails of your classmates, as well as send a bulk email to everyone at once!
Send an email to everyone in your class by following these simple steps:
- Navigate to the course on D2L.
- Select More Tools on the blue navigation bar and click on Classlist.
- Click on the Email Classlist button at the top.
- Click on the All, Instructors, or Students tab to choose the email’s recipients.
- Click on the blue Send Email button at the bottom to open a new window.
- Add or remove any emails from the BCC box as needed.
- Give your email a Subject, and a Body.
- Click the blue Send button.
The email will be sent using your student email account, so the recipients will see your name as the sender.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to Contact D2L Support.
What’s up, Warhawks? We’re already halfway done with the first month of the Fall 2017 semester!
Returning students have probably used LockDown Browser at least once during their college career, but for those of you who haven’t: LockDown Browser is a web browser, like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but it only allows you to access Desire2Learn (D2L).
The purpose of LockDown Browser is to block the ability to open new tabs or windows in order to discourage cheating while taking a quiz on D2L. Instructors can mark their quizzes in D2L to require LockDown Browser in order to open them.
Prior to this semester, students had launch LockDown Browser from their computer’s desktop, log into D2L, and then manually navigate to their course in order to open the quiz. This process has been simplified!
Now, all you have to do in order to take your quiz in LockDown Browser is:
- Open the quiz in your preferred web browser
- Click the blue “Launch LockDown Browser” button. (If the browser is not installed, you will be prompted to install it)
- Take the quiz
The button launches LockDown Browser, logs you in, and automatically navigates to the quiz for you!
For more information on getting started with LockDown Browser, please visit LockDown Browser: Getting Started (Students).