As many of you remember, when we took our last D2L upgrade over the summer, the discussion tool got a major overhaul. There were some key features that were not included in the new version. D2L has heard our feedback, and we are happy to announce that the Grid View and the Print all Threads option has returned! These features were included in Service Pack 13, which was deployed on Thursday, January 8th, 2015.
The Reading View will remain the default view for all courses. Individual users can set a Default View on the “Account Settings” page.
We have created the following step by step guides:
- Printing all Threads in a Discussion Forum
- Setting your “Default View” for Discussions
- Switching Between Grid View and Reading View
Other issues fixed in this update:
- Fix: Previously deleted event occurrences are no longer recreated unexpectedly when users edit a recurring event in Calendar.
- Fix: Users’ sorting and filter options are now preserved when they navigate through a discussion by using the browser’s Back button.
- Fix: Deleted grade schemes no longer affect the performance of User Progress.
- Fix: A performance improvement was mode for copying courses that contain a large number of release conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W D2L Support.