T-minus 17 hours

Well, I leave tomorrow!

It’s feeling weird to me, almost like it isn’t happening, even though I know I’m leaving. I thought I would feel more nervous than I do right now, like I felt two years ago when I left for my cross-continental backpacking trip, but instead I feel calm. It’s honestly so nice. I’m ready for this adventure.

I’m officially nearly almost done packing. The only things left are the things I will use tomorrow, so they will get thrown in at the last minute. I have my travel sized toiletries and my regular sized ones, I have my laptop and charger, I have my passport (which, for about 15 minutes, I thought I had lost). Everything is ready for me to go tomorrow.

The last few things I have to do tomorrow are easy things. I need to pick up a plug adapter and get a book on the history of Geneva to give to my host family in Berlin. I want to show my gratitude that they are opening up their home to me by giving them a little gift that also shows them a bit about where I am from. (It’s also what a lot of our past exchange students have given to us when they arrived, so I stole their idea.)

I haven’t done much since my last post, so this one is rather short. Once I get settled in and have time to write, I’ll update y’all on everything. (And I’ll have pictures!)