Charlie who?

I simply cannot understand all the hype revolving around Charlie Sheen. I guess he recently came through the Midwest (Detroi and then Chicago) on his tour. Uhm, first of all, why is Charlie Sheen touring? My sense is that he’s a television actor and not a traveling comedian. Second (and more important to this article) shoud we really be concerned about Sheen and his whereabouts? I just don’t get it.

But the ARTICLE I chose to highlight views not only his whereabouts as news, but also take considerable time and energy to describ his differing shows. Wow, like I said I just don’t get it.

Dont misunderstand I love technology. I love the fact that I can connect with people from the past (some, not all people from the past) on social networking outlets. And I love my instant access to weather, news, and such found on the Internet. Cell phones aren’t bad either.

But what I don’t get is our fascination (if not obsession) with the lives of others.  Charlie Sheen is not the first of course. The public is fascinated with all sorts of others (Lindsay Lohan comes to mind). What does Sheen’s or Lohan’s life contain that interests semmingly a mass of people? Some might say that its the media dictating to us what we see, however. The might paint the picture of the subservient masses reading only what the Internet, TV, or radio brings to us. I’m not sure I agree completely with that-I mean one of the best things about our current technology is that it gives us alot more options, right? I think the more accurate question is “Why are we so interested in the private lives of other (especially famous) people? Thought?