College campuses come in many shapes and sizes. They could be located in small, medium or large communities. Depending on what type of college you attended, you might want to live in a different type of community after graduation. Maybe you are looking for more space and open air after you graduate. The suburbs of large or medium-sized cities might be the perfect place for you to find a balance of space and amenities. There are some pros and cons that come with living in the suburbs.
- In most cases, you will have a longer commute.
- You don’t get the experience of downtown living in a big city.
- You will likely have to spend more money on gas.
- You still have options for both renting and buying.
- In most cases, you will have a larger yard.
- School systems are usually better. This is something to think about if you are someone who is planning on starting a family soon after graduation.
- You could carpool with people who live in your neighborhood.
You need to choose whether the city or suburbs is the best choice for you. Always keep in mind that no matter what you choose, you always have the option to change your mind later!