Wedding Photography- Guest

Hey Everyone! I’m Becca Fish and I’m here today to talk about photography, but more specifically wedding photography. You wear the dress once, you eat the food, but the pictures are what lasts forever. Because of that, it is so important that you find a photographer that will capture your wedding day perfectly. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when looking for a photographer. 

• Budget- Generally speaking, photographers are going to be a good chunk of your budget. Make sure you are prepared for that, because when it comes to photography what you pay for is what you get. You can sometimes find a really great deal, I know a lot of people that have used friends or family. Just keep in mind you don’t have to feel obligated to use someone just because they can give you a good deal. 
  • Shot List- Before the wedding, take some time to come up with a list of shots that you want from the wedding day. People always think of the family photos, wedding party, and couple shots, but always remember ones like rings, the dress, and invites. Those are easy to forget and often overlooked. Go on pinterest and save certain shots you like to show your photographer. 
  • Research- make sure to look at different photography styles. Do you like more light and airy, or do you prefer something really saturated. Once you find your style look at different photographers and see there is one that has the style you are looking for. 

Visit Becca’s wedding blog to find more tips on how to make your wedding planning less stressful! http://blogs.uww.edu/weddingsmadeeasy/

2 thoughts on “Wedding Photography- Guest”

1. Hey Becca, I love reading your wedding posts but this was a great twist! People always say live in the moment but I’m the type of person that loves to capture the memories to look back on later too. I totally agree that a good wedding photographer is crucial, there is a big difference between getting a good one and a bad one. Great photos will capture the emotions felt on this big important day so you can fondly remember it. Also, the bride and groom on this day are so busy that they can’t be everywhere so having a photographer that will take pictures of the guest throughout the event is also important! Great post!

2. Thanks for sharing! I love this post since because I’m the type of person who is too lazy to capture moments, but I’ll start implementing that in my future adventures!