Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats

If you are currently in the world of Pinterest or are in the habit of keeping up with the term overnight oats. Essentially, it is oatmeal you make in a mason jar and the mixture usually looks really cute and tasty. I had to admit that I was pretty skeptical. Is it really that good and worth the hassle for that matter? So…obviously I had to see for myself. Today’s post is all about apple cinnamon overnight oats. A great mixture of protein and complex carbs to kick off your morning!
It only takes 10 minutes to make and uses 5 ingredients.

(I also apologize that there are no step by step pictures in this post.  For some unknown reason, my computer will not let me upload the files.  However, there are helpful demonstrations on platforms such as Pinterest).

Overall Cost:

Ingredients:
-1 chopped apple

-1/2 cup of rolled oats

-1/2 cup of milk

-1 tablespoon of honey

-1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Instructions:

1. In a mason jar or bowl (mason jar preferred) mix oats, milk, honey and cinnamon together

2. Add apple slices on top

3. Refrigerate overnight

4. Enjoy in the morning!

Overall thoughts:  Okay, so I can understand the overnight oats craze now.  They are pretty tasty and a convenient breakfast.  I was afraid that the mixture was going to be somewhat bland, but the honey and cinnamon made it have an actual taste. Next time I’d like to do something with more berries like blueberries and raspberries.

Happy Cooking!