Find Your Fitbit Community!

I recently discovered the new updates that were made to the Fitbit app, and I absolutely love it. There were a few changes that Fitbit made to their app, however, I plan to highlight my favorite part, the Community page. It sits along the bottom of your tool bar on the app next to the new “notifications” page. By clicking on the Community page, it gives you three tabs. Feed, Friends, and Group. By going to your friends tab you are able to see your friend’s weekly step count and everything else you could see before the update. The feed and groups tab is the new addition. Under “feed” you will find posts from people who joined the same groups you did. I joined a cardio, running, snacking tips. and cycling groups. These are all health related categories I am interested in. People from all fitness levels post in the feeds and share their fitness journeys with you.

This is a screen shot from my feed on my Fitbit app

I really love this update because I check the fee to give me motivation, ideas for new snacks to take on the go, people to look up to, people to use as a resource who are doing the same actives as I am, and to ask questions. I have made a post or two on the different group feeds and the responses I get and the responses I see from other people are overwhelmingly positive. I have yet to see something negative from someone and it truly makes my day better to see that complete strangers want to boost and support others, regardless of age and skill level, to be the best they can be.

I would highly recommend taking a look at the Community page if you have not already. I feel a lot more inspired and positive from just scrolling through it. The positivity is contagious!

Happy stepping!