Eat Healthy, Feel Better

Hey everyone!

It has been a while since I last posted! I hope you have all been working hard and enjoying your workouts. I know I have. Since I last wrote, I completed the Indoor Ironman at school, which was hard because I got sick the last week of the challenge. I was going to give up, but I had come too far to not finish the last 30 miles biking and 10 running. I had three days to finish before I left for spring break. I made myself suck it up and do it. I am glad I did it!

Anyway…. Today I want to write a post about eating healthy. We hear it all the time, “you are what you eat” blah blah blah. Well, yeah, it’s true and a total cliche. However, it still holds true, I have found that my body is very sensitive to what I put in it, and when I eat healthy, boy does it make a difference for me.

I have more energy, I am more focused and aware. It is an astonishing difference. I use MyFitnessPal to keep me on track with healthy eating. I mentioned before that I had a bad liver because of my eating habits and weight gain. By logging my meals to the best of my ability in MyFitnessPal, I am able to keep track of what I am putting in my body.

Image result for myfitnesspal

I try my best to stick to a low carbohydrate diet because of my liver and eating good fats, and full fat foods because of the low cholesterol.  So I replace pasta,with zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash. I make sure I eat a lot of protein and keep protein shakes on hand if I need them. Eating healthy has made a world of a difference for me, although it has been difficult in college with my lack of time to prepare a good meal. But I keep at it and you should too! I promise it is worth it. You are worth the investment!