Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling

After the last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it ends with Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley taking their youngest son, Albus Potter, to Platform 9 3/4 for his first year at Hogwarts. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child picks up after that. It deals with Albus and his adventures at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. There, he becomes friends with Draco Malfoy’s son, Scorpious, and comes across a time turner. Albus wants to be able to prove that he too can be brave just like Harry was when he faced Voldemort. Upon hearing a conversation that he over heard, Albus and Scorpious, with the help of Rolanda, find a time turner and goes back in time to save Cedric Diggory, who died at the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Upon doing this, the two boys realized they have messed up the future completely.

I am literally convinced the only reason JK Rowling’s name is on this book is because it’s her characters. At first, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get this book because the idea of it being a play completely turned me off. But I decided to get the book, and of course, I cried. It took me about two hours to read the book and I wasn’t sure if I liked it. For starters, Harry is not the same Harry we grew up with. The plot twists in the book, ( I won’t say just for the sake of spoilers), but they were pretty much the same as fan fiction plot twists. I would encourage readers to try this but don’t get your hopes up on this being a great book.