Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Lady Midnight is the first installment of The Dark Artifices series by Cassandra Clare. This series takes place approximately five years after City of Heavenly Fire takes place. The story follows Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn. These two have been magically bonded since five years ago. But both have started to realize that they are falling in love with each other but cannot be together because of the law of the Shadowhunters. However, there have been murders against other magical beings. In order to get Mark back, Julian’s older brother who has been a prisoner of the fairy court for the past five years, they must solve the murders in two weeks.

Obviously from other other previous blog posts, I am a very huge Cassandra Clare fan. So naturally, I had to post about this book. Over the past almost ten years I have been reading her books and I can tell that her writing has gotten better. The story lines have just gotten better and it always breaks my heart every time. I would recommend this book to those who also enjoy her stories, who love fantasy books, who love giant books, and for those who enjoy reading.