Evermore by Alyson Noel

In the first book of the Immortal Series by Alyson Noel, Evermore introduced Ever who lost her sister and her parents in a car accident. Since then, she can read people’s thoughts, know the answers to test questions without studying, see people’s auras, and know people’s whole life story by touching them. But when the new guy Damen shows up, she is immediately drawn to him. While being super good looking, Damen is the only one who can make these powers go away.

I read this book series in high school, but because it was so popular, the next book was always unavailable whenever I was ready for the next book. But I saw it was available at Books A-Million (BAM), I immediately bought it. I finished this book within a few hours because it was just as good as I remember it. It was a perfect example of a chick flick but it’s one of the genres that I love. The parts of the book that made me love this book in high school, was everything I loved about it now. I recommend this book to those who love romance novels, who are just getting into reading, those who were fans of Twilight, etc. Overall, I still love this book and I hope you will too.