Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh

In Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh, the story follows Odessa who is a necromancer, who lives in the kingdom Karthia. A necromancer is a someone who can raise the dead. Shades, are the zombie version of the dead, who must be destroyed because they will attack and feast on the living. In the story, Karthia is a kingdom in which the dead and the living roam together. Odessa must discover who is intentionally turning the dead into Shades, while grieving over the loss of someone she loved.

Even though this book just hit the shelves a few weeks ago, I knew I had to own this book once it came across my Facebook feed. I was immediately drawn to the cover and the synopsis.  It it was very difficult for me to put this book down. This book made me scream, cry, and fall in love. After reading so many books, I’ve been craving for something new; something I never read before. And this book was it for me. I highly encourage everyone to read it. While this book deals with LGBTQ+ romance, the romantic part does not compose of the whole book. Reign of the Fallen is a book that anyone can enjoy if you or someone you know is addicted to drugs, part of the LGBTQ+ community, grieving the loss of a loved one, or someone who enjoys fantasy books. This book was definitely worth my money and will hold a proud and rightful place on my bookshelf.