Chapters,  Expansion Info,  Lore

They Are Here…

I’m back from break, and there was a lot I missed during my time away. First thing to cover is the 25th anniversary of the Elder Scrolls series. The series has been going strong since 1994, in an age where game companies are constantly being bought out or going under, this is a huge achievement. Congrats to Elder Scrolls and the Elder Scrolls teams, keep up the awesome work.

Ok, second on the chopping block is the beginning of the second part of the Season of the Dragon. It’s time to unleash the dragons. I only just recently played the Elsweyr free prologue, I still have many other profiles to play through it again, and I was blown away. I’m one of those players who never really cared for dragons in the Elder Scrolls series so far, but the way they introduce dragons in this game is making me warm up to them.

The way they introduce dragons in this game is already 100 times better than how they do it in Skyrim, in my opinion. It’s also one of the few times in Elder Scrolls lore where a major plot point is overly complicated. In Skyrim, the main antagonist dragon was forced to time travelled to the future. In ESO, the dragons are released do to the foolishness of the player and his party. The first one sounds cool, but I can’t take it seriously. It feels forced and shoe horned in. I also don’t like the chosen one trope, which Skyrim is completely based around. ESO doesn’t follow that trope and makes your play just an average person who screwed up. That is a a lot more simple for players to understand and a lot more compelling for players to fix their mistake. Skyrim doesn’t force players play the main story, which is fine for most people, but for me its a major turn off. A game that has a flawed story that you can completely skip, makes it a boring game, at least when it comes to a game world that is pushed by lore and lore filled history.

There is a lot more to cover that I missed, check out the the post later this week to finish catching up along with me.