Valentine’s Day in the English Language Academy at UW-Whitewater

We enjoy learning about American holidays at the English Language Academy at UW-Whitewater!

Below are some snapshots from our Valentine’s Day lessons in Dr. Huss-Lederman’s writing class, English 162.

In the first picture of English 162 , Andrea Schwartz (Norway) is unwrapping a Valentine’s Day chocolate bar that has a love poem in the wrapper.

Alex Gohan (Indonesia), Shangquian Ye (China), Yifan Zhang (China) and Andrea Schwartz (Norway) are reading interpretations of lyrics from “All of Me” by singer John Legend in the second picture of English 162.

Brianna Deering’s Listening and Speaking class visited our friends at Fairhaven. Here is what Xinyi Zhang from China wrote about their experience:

My classmate and I went to Fairhaven to experience Valentine’s Day. We walked together and talked about the weather. When I saw Su and her husband, I felt happy. They showed us their apartment, where it was so beautiful. We saw some photos about their family. Her husband told some stories to us. Then my teacher wanted us to share Chinese culture, we used chopsticks to move candies and told about Chinese New Year. I felt happy because I felt love from them.

Xinyi and Mingwei (center left and center right, China) enjoyed spending Valentine’s Day and Lunar New Year time with our friends, Ed and Sue (far left and far right).