Jay’s Shipwreck

ARG!!!! Whenever I drink rum, I feel like a pirate. I have this odd urge to go around plundering villages and set sail across the vast blue sea. So in due respect of piracy, I decided to make my adaption of a Shipwreck.

The Shopping List:

1.75 L of Admiral Nelson…$14.95

1 L of Country Time Strawberry Lemonade…$3.00

Variety pack of Fruit Barrels…$4.00

Leftover Orange Juice…priceless.

Grand Total: $21.95

A little more pricey than some of my other drinks, but I promise the taste is worth it. You’ll find yourself being castaway in the deliciousness.

The Mix:

3 Ice Cubes

3 Parts Admiral

2 Parts Strawberry Lemonade

1 Part Orange Juice

1 Part Lime Barrel

A normal Shipwreck consists of spiced rum, cranberry juice, orange juice and pineapple juice. I did not have several of the ingredients so I improvised and it tastes better than I expected.

The Verdict:

My Shipwreck is sure to be a hit; after a few of these bad boys you’ll be sinking. The strawberry lemonade works with the orange juice and spiced rum to simulate a sort of coconuty-pina colada flavor. Everything blends well and there is nothing stronger than another flavor. On the hangover scale, I’d say a 3.5/5. Dark liquors are always sure to cause headache the next day and this has no exception. Set sails ye scurvy dogs.

About Jordan Ahlenius

I am majoring in Communications with an emphasis in Electronic Media, and I have a minor in Advertising. I'm an aspiring videographer with hopes of one day working on documentaries. Cats!
This entry was posted in The Rum Diaries and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.