Week 1 Sports Update

NBA: Dwayne Wade appeared on the “Ellen show” on Monday, February 10th, to discuss how he supports his 12-year-old sons recent gender identity change. He stated to Ellen that as a father you should always be, “Unconditionally loving and supporting to your child in whoever they are”. Dwaynes son was origionally named Zion, but now wants to be known as Zaya. Wade then stated that, “as for me… nothing changes in my love. Nothing changes in my responsibilities. So, all i have to do now is get smarter and educate myself more”.

NFL: Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers are parting ways after 16 seasons. Although, the QB says that he is not ready to retire just yet. Rivers syas he wants to take his talents elsewhere and find a new city to thrive in.

MLB: MVP moved to a different team? Kris Bryant in discussion for a near future trade. Although, the Mookie Betts trade saga is nearing a conclusion, he might not be the last MVP Award winner moved this offseason. Multiple National League teams have contacted the Cubs to make offers for third baseman Kris Bryant, according to David Kaplan of ESPN 1000 in Chicago.

5 thoughts on “Week 1 Sports Update”

1. I am a huge Cubs, fan and would be so sad if they broke up Bryzzo. I also watched a video the other day saying that he never said that he wanted to leave Chicago.

2. I think what Dwayne is doing is going to be one of the most visible things in sports culture in 2020. This could be an interesting storyline.
    As for the MLB, would you consider writing something about Jim Crane and his failed apology?

3. Back when I first heard about this, I thought Dwyane wade handled it perfectly while being in the spotlight that he is. Did you think Philip Rivers was going to end up with the colts? I would be very disappointed if Kris Bryant left the Cubs.