Helpful Tips

Festival Foods

Hey everyone! If you have a Festival Foods near you, I highly suggest going there for you next grocery shopping trip! I recently discovered that Festival sells small servings of PRE-CUT fruits and veggies! I know from myself being a college student, and the only person I cook for, I have a hard time justifying buying a whole cantaloupe or a whole cucumber because I know I won’t eat it all before it goes bad. (Not to mention I have abosultely no idea how to cut a cantaloupe.) But once I discovered these beauties, I don’t need to worry about any of those things anymore!

The fruits and veggies come in a small package, or a bigger package. You have your choice of cantaloupe, pineapple, watermelon, carrots, cucumbers, and cauliflower. (I’m not sure if the opitions change based on what is is in season.) As I said before, they come pre-cut and are the perfect size for someone who only cooks for themselves. I usually get about two servings from the small package. The prices varrying based on weight, but a small package usually costs around $3.00.