Even though it’s summer, Career & Leadership Development still offers all of our regular career services to students and alumni. In fact, summer can be the perfect time to seek out career assistance:
- Career Staff have clear schedules. If you’ve ever struggled to get an appointment during busier times of the year, you will have your choice of meeting times during the summer months.
- You have time to complete career “assignments”. When you leave a career appointment, you will likely have some stuff to do. This ranges from starting a draft of your resume, revising your resume, doing career research, searching for opportunities on Hawk Jobs, etc. The hustle and bustle of the fall or spring semesters makes it hard to pencil in these to-dos. During the summer, you have a lot more time to get stuff done.
- Be better prepared for the year ahead. Next year is your year for an internship. You plan on attending the Hawk Career Fair at the end of September. You graduate in December 2013 or May 2014. All of these are important reasons to go into the new school year with a great resume, polished online image, and internship/job search plan in place.
Summer Career Services Available To UW-Whitewater Students & Alumni
- Career Decision Counseling (includes choosing a major)
- Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
- Mock (Practice) Interviews
- Internship and Job Search Planning
To schedule a summer appointment, contact Career & Leadership Development at 262-472-1471. If you are on campus, you can stop at our front desk in the University Center (Room 146, up the ramps/stairs across from Freshens). While most appointments occur in person, our staff is also open to phone and/or Skype appointments. Simply specify your needs when you schedule. And don’t forget about all of the resources on our Career Resources website.
Wishing all our readers a fun and relaxing summer break!