Are you someone who just can’t find the time to exercise? I know I am! So I came up with a short, yet effective, office workout routine that you can do in the convenience of your workplace or home.
Even if your schedule is jam-packed, you can always find time for a quick workout. Here are the 5 simple workouts you can do to get started on the path to a more healthy and active lifestyle.
1. Chair Dips (Arms and Legs Exercise):
- Start by supporting your arms on the chair
- Then sit at a 90 degree angle off of your chair
- Start with straight arms then lower yourself by bending at the elbows
- Then straighten your elbows back into the starting position
- Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps
2. Wall Sits (Leg Exercise):
- Position yourself up against a sturdy wall
- Put yourself into a sitting position at a 90 degree angle
- Hold this pose for 60 seconds
- Do 3 sets
3. Feet Raises (Abs and Legs Exercise):
- Start in a sitting position
- Lean back slightly
- While in the sitting position, lift your legs a few inches off the ground
- Then lower them without touching the ground
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps
4. Chair Lunges (Leg Exercise):
- Position a chair behind you
- Lift one leg onto the chair
- Bend the leg remaining on the floor to a 90 degree angle then lift yourself to your starting position
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps per leg
5. Desk Push-Ups (Arm Exercise):
- Position yourself a generous distance away from your desk or table
- Place hands firmly on the edge of the desk or table
- Lower yourself into a push-up position then lift to your starting position
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps
Remember, you can always increase the number of sets reps and sets. Start off at a level you are comfortable with and make sure to stretch when needed.
Would you like to see how these workouts are done? Check out our Office Workouts video!
Health and Wellness Extra: Are you interested in really super charging your health and fitness? Feel free to check out my post on how to eat healthy on a budget.