Last week, I covered a few things to work on towards your career goals while you’re enjoying winter break. This week I have another item that you can have as an option for during winter break. Create your LinkedIn account and start networking with professionals in your intended career field. This social media platform allows you to join groups with other professionals that have similar career interests as you, you can do an extensive amount of company research (find out everything from who was recently hired to how the company shows up in the news), and also job searching.
Here are some useful handouts and guides to help you get started:
- Getting Started for Students – Guide created just for students to learn how to use the LinkedIn networking platform.
- Job Searching User Guide
- How to Build a Professional Student LinkedIn Profile
- LinkedIn Etiquette
- How to Conduct Employer Research
- Using LinkedIn to Find your Career Passion
- 10 Job Hunting Tips
- Networking Professionally
If you are currently getting ready to look for an internship, check out Laura’s tips internship winter break to-dos.
We will be taking a break from updating our blog for the duration of Winter Break. We’ll be back in action towards the end of January. We will be tweeting throughout winter break, so you can follow us there for the latest news about the world of work and UW-Whitewater.
We will be closed on the following days:
- Friday, December 24th (Holiday)
- Monday, December 27th (Furlough)
- Friday, December 31st (Holiday)
Photo by: Ellen Hatfield