Cooking for one- Brussels Sprouts

Brussels sprouts are one of the most hated vegetables known to man. However, today I am going to (hopefully) change your mind. I am convinced that people hate brussels sprouts so much because they just don’t know how to cook them the right way. Today, I am here to give you a quick and easy recipe for how to make this veggie taste amazing. Here’s what you’ll need:

• Brussels Sprouts
  • Kosher Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil

Here’s what you’ve got to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees

2. Cut brussels sprouts in half (as many as you like)

3. Put in bowl, and mix with about 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil

4. Season with salt and pepper to taste

5. Toss so all brussels sprouts are covered

6. Place in pan and cook for about 30 minutes

7. Serve with desired meal

roasted-brussels-sprouts-thumb-1500xauto-427066

This extremely simple recipe will make anyone like this vegetable. After cooking in the oven they get pretty crispy and burnt, and eventually you forget you’re even eating something healthy. I really enjoy this recipe because it really is so simple, it does not consume a lot of time, and it doesn’t require a great deal of ingredients. You can serve this side with pretty much anything you’d like, I usually serve it with a chicken breast, or a piece of salmon. But it can really be paired with anything.

So, if you’re brave enough to try this hated vegetable, I promise you, you will not be disappointed. You, and your taste buds will definitely be thanking me.

Happy Eating,

Anne