Semester in review

light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel

Wait! Stop! Yes! There it is. Oh, geez, finally…

The light at the end of the tunnel. I can see it.

This semester is nearly over, and I’m very much looking forward to winter break. You may find me in my natural habitat chugging hot cocoa and tearing open Reese’s peanut butter cups in the shape of chocolate Christmas trees for the next three weeks.

Most students right now are probably just about ready to lose their minds because #FINALS.

dnews-1248-why-you-look-ugly-when-you-cry-large-thumb

Don’t panic. You’ve got this.

This semester has really been tough, but it’s been very rewarding. I’ve learned quite a bit from a couple classes in particular. Not to brown nose super hard, but this online course has been quite helpful.

150724-tech-hacking_5bf1f29106c62ea051eef55ce3fc47a0-nbcnews-fp-1200-800

I learned the ins and outs of web journalism, which has directly helped me to improve my journalistic content with the Royal Purple, where I work. I learned all about designing a blog layout and formatting stories with art in a more compelling way. I also tried to learn how to use coding in blog posts to embed videos or other forms of media that I don’t often use. And I actually figured it out. Shout out to our professor for pushing me to put in the extra work for my own benefit.

Hats off to you, Professor Geissler.

John Oliver guest hosting The Daily Show.

I was quite nervous initially about taking an online class, but while it is challenging, it’s for a good cause.

I intend to use the skills we’ve learned in this course to continue to improve my content with the Royal Purple and elsewhere in the future.

Amid a very strange week filled with unfortunate events in some corners of the world, and simply bizarre events elsewhere, it’s nearly time to get slain by final exams and then take a whole month off to mourn our GPA’s. Just kidding. Sort of.

Aleppo has officially fallen into Syrian government control, and the rebel forces there have been routed to the east. In other news, Donald Trump and Kanye West just had a good old fashioned “life talk” inside Trump Tower. Stranger friendships have been formed, I suppose.

Thank you all for putting up with my goofy blogs. I hope you’ve enjoyed them somewhat. Good luck on exams, everybody.

7805000_f520

About Brad Allen

I am a 20-year-old college student at UW-W, studying Journalism and Creative Writing. I'm an aspiring author, and I've self-published a novel through Amazon. I currently work for both the Royal Purple and the Janesville Gazette newspapers.
This entry was posted in Journalism for the Web. Bookmark the permalink.