DAPL construction reportedly delayed

The Dakota Access Pipeline construction project has reportedly been delayed by the US Army Corps of Engineers pending further “discussion and analysis” with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, according to CNN.

The proposed oil pipeline, planned to stretch from Standing Rock, North Dakota all the way to Southern Illinois, has been protested heavily by the local Native American tribes, along with thousands of demonstrators pouring in from across the country.

untitled

dapl_protest3_1473031422420_45770147_ver1_0_640_480water51

Demonstrators have camped near the site for months, alongside the local tribes.
camp-771x5111
The protesters have expressed deep concern that the oil pipeline would pollute the nearby river and would desecrate a sacred burial ground.
Developments of the story on the project being halted are being updated periodically, and more information is likely to follow on major news networks.
The original article can be found here, at the following link.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/us/dakota-access-pipeline-army-corps-decision/index.html

About Brad Allen

I am a 20-year-old college student at UW-W, studying Journalism and Creative Writing. I'm an aspiring author, and I've self-published a novel through Amazon. I currently work for both the Royal Purple and the Janesville Gazette newspapers.
This entry was posted in Journalism for the Web and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.