Matched

41-ncdndtql-_sx331_bo1204203200_

This review will be about the book Matched by Ally Condie. This book is about a society that controls every aspect of everyone’s lives, including who they will be romantic with. Each person has a matching ceremony where they find out who their ideal person is. During the main character, Cassia’s, ceremony, a boy named Ky flashes quickly on the screen and the society says it’s just a glitch because then Xander’s face appears on the screen. This book is about Cassia starting to doubt the society’s methods and it is also about a love triangle between Cassia, Ky, and Xander.

I read this book in high school, which was a few years ago. I remembered that I liked it and that it was very interesting. This book has been compared to The Hunger Games Series because it has a strong female character who is challenging society and how it is run.

Matched was released in 2011 and has 411 pages. It has a great mixture of romance, finding yourself, and challenging a dystopian society. I have read on other reviews that they did not think that there was enough of the challenging the dystopian society and than Cassia was too obsessed with the boys, but I thought it has a good balance. But I do like to read about love triangles, so I guess I am more interested in the love story than the overthrowing the society’s government aspect of the book. So if you are someone who is more interested in love triangles, I would definitely suggest this book.

Matched is the first book in the series and there are two more books after Matched. The second book is titled Crossed and the third book is titled Reached. If you are interested in this series, please visit http://allycondie.com/.

418dvvjc2xl-_ac_ul115_ 41pl-gxjiml-_ac_ul115_

Published in:Book Review |on November 2nd, 2016 |No Comments »

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.