Perfect Chemistry

41ylcwwr6l-_sy344_bo1204203200_

Today I will be reviewing “Perfect Chemistry” by Simone Elkeles. This book is about a senior in high school, Brittany, who is assigned a new lab partner in Chemistry class. Brittany is known as a good girl and student and is assigned to Alex, who has the reputation of being a bad boy because he is in a gang. Alex makes a bet with his friends that he can get with Brittany, even though she has a boyfriend. At first Alex is just getting to know Brittany for the bet, but it quickly escalates into an actual interest in her. Alex and Brittany’s lives will never be the same and they can thank their chemistry teacher for that.

This book is written in the first person point of view and each chapter alternates between Brittany and Alex’s point of of views. It has 368 pages and was published in 2008. I read this whole book within a day, because it hooked me right from the beginning. Simone Elkeles does a fantastic job at hooking the reader right from the start. I personally love how the author alternates between the main characters because it allows the reader to feel more connected to both characters. You really get an insight of exactly what each character is thinking and how they react to everything throughout the book. This is one of my favorite books and I have read it multiple times. The plot is very interesting, especially if you are into the whole bad boy and forbidden love thing.

If you love this book, Simone Elkeles wrote two more books that are about Alex’s brothers and their love lives. I have read those books as well and I really enjoyed them. If you are interested in this book and/or more of Simone Elkele’s work, her website is http://simoneelkeles.com/ .

Published in:Book Review |on October 14th, 2016 |No Comments »

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.