Writing Your Own Story

Hello, welcome back to BooksRUs! For this post, I will be giving a few tips on how to start your own story. I wrote in my About Me page that I am currently writing my own story. My story is about an eighteen year old woman whose life was turned upside down when she witnessed a murder outside of a nightclub. She is sent into witness protection services and has to start her life over. She meets a couple of really nice people at her new high school and the two agents protecting her aren’t too bad either, especially the guy who isn’t too much older than her. My story is about how this young woman deals with the trauma of starting her life over and it’s about falling in love.

So now that I gave you  brief summary of my story, which is still a work in progress, I am going to give you a few tips on how to get started on writing your own story. So first of all, you have to think of a plot for your story, which is obviously the most important step of writing. If you are completely stuck on what to write, here is a website that generates random plots: http://writers-den.pantomimepony.co.uk/writers-plot-ideas.php .

After you decide on a plot, the next step is to develop characters. Here is another website that can help you develop character names and personalities and it even has a plot generator on it too: http://www.shortstoryideas.co.uk/characters.htm . I have personally used this site a lot for writing short stories and I recommend it!

After you have a plot and characters, it’s time to start writing! I usually set up a plan of how I want the story to go, but otherwise I just start writing and see what happens. Once you feel comfortable enough with your writing to post it, there are several sites online where you can post your stories.

I hope you found this helpful and good luck to any of you who are thinking about writing your own story!

Published in:Writing |on October 1st, 2016 |No Comments »

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.