Anna and The French Kiss

51puhnxv67l-_sx326_bo1204203200_

Hello and welcome to my blog, Books R Us! This is my first post on this blog and I want to talk about the book Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This book is one of my all time favorite books! It was published in 2010 and has a page count of three hundred and seventy two pages.

Anna and the French Kiss is about a girl, Anna, who is from Atlanta, Georgia. She is your average senior in high school and works in a movie theater with her crush. Her parents end up sending her to Paris to attend a high school for American students. So Anna packs up her life to spend her senior year at a brand new school in a completely different country. While at the school, she meets a nice group of people and becomes close with one of the guys in the group fairly quickly. Anna becomes best friend with this boy, St. Claire, and she even develops romantic feelings for him. Unfortunately, St. Claire has a long-term girlfriend. So alas, Anna must put aside her feelings for him so they can continue to be close friends. Throughout the book, Anna and St. Claire become very close and a love triangle is prominent for most of the book. I won’t spoil the ending of the book for you, so I’ll just leave the summary at that.

I love this book for so many reasons! The writing style is amazing and it is so easy to follow along. I read this entire book within one day because I couldn’t stop reading it. I wanted and needed to know what would happen with Anna and St. Claire’s relationship and I also just wanted to see how Anna’s adventure in Paris would unfold. Stephanie Perkins did a fantastic job of hooking the reader right away and bringing you into Anna’s world. This book is written in first person, which is something I really enjoy. I find that books written in first person are more personal and that the reader is able to get to know and relate to the main character more. Another aspect about this book that I love is that all of the characters are realistic and that the reader is bound to relate to at least one character. I believe it is easier to enjoy a book when the reader can relate to one or more of the characters. Stephanie Perkins also incorporates humor and romance wonderfully in this book.

In conclusion, I one hundred percent recommend this book to anyone who loves books about romance, friendship, and finding yourself. Anna and the French Kiss is well written and very easy to read. If you read this book and loved it, Stephanie Perkins has two more books that are a part of a trilogy with Anna’s story. The other two books aren’t about Anna and St. Claire, but they are about other minor characters in the first book and then they all relate back to each other in some shape or form. I would also recommend those books!

If you would like more information on Stephanie Perkins and her books, her website is http://stephanieperkins.com/ .

Published in:Book Review |on September 29th, 2016 |No Comments »

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.