Styling A Black Long Sleeve

This week I decided to choose one of my favorite basics, a black long sleeve, and showed you how I style it. The one I’m using for all 5 outfits is from SheIn, and is actually a black long sleeve bodysuit. I like using bodysuits because they tuck into things easily which helps with layering.

I love pairing long sleeves under dresses. I think it adds something extra to a dress that you have worn multiple times and makes it feel new. The dress is from American Eagle and the necklace is thrifted! I would pair this with white sneakers if it was warmer out or if it was cold I would pair it with some chunky boots and tights.

To keep with the layering concept, I love layering long sleeves under tanks and short sleeve tops. This tank is from Hollister and the jeans are Levi’s. I would pair this outfit with some black or yellow sneakers or some boots!

Pairing basics with some fun patterned pants is a fun way to spice up a basic. These pants are gingham print flare ankle pants from Forever 21. The necklace is from Dry Goods and the headband is from H&M. I would pair this outfit with some boots for a more casual look or some heels for a more business casual look.
Pairing basics with sweatpants is also an easy go-to look. I like pairing my black long sleeves with sweatpants. Although these sweatpants are a bit more out there than your regular gray pair, you can pair your long sleeve with any style/color sweatpants. These ones in particular are from Adika. I would pair this outfit with an oversized denim jacket or with a colored cropped puffer jacket and white or black sneakers.
For a more preppy look, I paired the long sleeve with a skirt this time. Recently the “Blair Waldorf” preppy style has been trending and I love the pleated skirt look. The skirt is from SheIn and I love the houndstooth print. The headband is from Kohl’s and the necklace is thrifted. I would pair this outfit with some tights and boots or when it’s warmer I’d just wear it with white sneakers.

How would you style a black long sleeve? Let me know in the comments 🙂

2 Comments