Final Reflections Post

As a teacher, you need to be aware and remember the great responsibility that comes with your profession. You need to make a difference in their lives by making them feel special, safe and secure when they are in your classroom. A teacher should bring positive energy into the classroom every single day, while also leaving their personal life outside the classroom.¬†Create standards for your students and for yourself, from the beginning make sure that they know what is acceptable versus what isn’t. Lastly, motivating your students day in and day out is huge. By giving them encouraging comments on their work and throughout the day, they will feel good about themselves and have the ability to try their hardest.

Standard 9 says “Teachers are able to evaluate themselves”. For me, understanding how I teacher is big. I want to be teaching at the highest level possible at all times and i believe the best way to be able to do that is through evaluating myself. There are many ways to do that and in this class the one that stood out to me the most is test scores. By understanding your students’ test scores you can look to see how effective and how good your doing on your teaching. Having done that, you can alter your teaching technique or lesson plan and see how your next class does. Especially being a future Physical Educator, data from skill tests and observations are huge to understanding how good and effective your lesson is and whether or not you got your point across effectively.

Personally i feel that having knowledge on how to use technology in the class room is huge to possibly increasing learning in your classroom. So i plan to take a class that goes about teaching you how to use all sorts of technology to get a step above other people competing for a job. The other digital identity is something I barely have. Thankfully I am not a social media type of person and only have a Facebook that i do not even use anymore. My digital identity is very clean and is something that I would not even have to worry about while applying for a job or during a job interview.