Module 5

In physical education motivation is huge. Motivating your students can lead to your students having more fun doing the activities, excelling more when participating, and finding something they enjoy doing to kick start a healthy lifestyle. I believe that it is a educators job in P.E to always have that enthusiasm so the motivation in the gym never goes away. I plan on using multiple assessments like skill testing, end of unit tests, exit slips for informal assessments, observation by looking at participation and PSR (Personal Social Responsibility). Also i would incorporate projects to check students understanding, because you can’t always grade students on performance and participation. As future educator i would like to always set goals for my classes/students and create goals in between classes to make it a friendly competition. In anything you do, making friendly competitions with others can cause you do perform way better than if there was no competition.

One thought on “Module 5”

1. Hey there Austin,

I truly share your views on motivation. I also enjoyed hearing your ideas about assessment, and how you plan to use them. It’s nice to know that you are aware that participation and performance aren’t the only importance when assessing competence and comprehension. I am interested in a few examples of your assessments, and would love to see some. I think providing those would benefit any teacher reading your blog. I think you’d be an outstanding teacher, and that goal-setting is a vital part to doing that job. Again some short examples of these would help me out in my profession as well.
    Good job,
    Brooks