The Furies

Getting closer to tech week for the UW-Whitewater production of “The Furies.” Our TD, Steve, was out this afternoon, but he left plenty of assignments for the students to work on. With the lights hung (student lighting designer Logan Bydalek), circuiting is in full swing. Here’s TA Bruce working with Intro student Jenna on one of the electrics.

At the same time, shard stringing was happening, with a group on either side of the stage measuring, sliding, and gluing. Here’s Allison (another Intro student) and one of the Bunbury twins (sorry once again) on stage left. . .

. . . and Intro students Liliana and Joe working with TA Allison on stage right.

While I’m ducking into the Barnett every so often to check on things, I busied myself in the shop cleaning up the image of Athena:

— and filling the new snake. My old version was just not flexible enough, so I asked Tracey Lyons, our costume shop supervisor, if she could make me a long tube. She even made it out of a more stretchy material. Here it is, filled, with the head attached and glue drying.