Advice

The Little Stuff

In the rush, don’t forget to notice the little things.

Sometimes when we are dedicated to goals we tend to form squint vision on where exactly we think we are going. We set time stamps and dates, we make check points and to-do lists. When we focus on the macro outcomes from the macro point of view missing the value of those small check points can cause an overflowing influx of stress. Feelings of not being good enough or thinking small wins will never add up is just a side effect to dedication.

It’s important to be able to analyze where you were, where you are, and where you are going. Appreciating the micro solutions to life’s obnoxious chaos can really put a spiral of stresses at ease and put unforgiving fears into perspective.

For me, my biggest stressor is the concept of delayed gratification. It could have something to do with the fact I am an Enneagram 2, but the general idea is that I work very hard on tasks I know will contribute to my future success, but I become irritable or anxious if I don’t see at least some of the fruits once the work is completed.

Learn about Enneagrams here!

Check this out to learn about Enneagrams. I find it helps me tone down some of my compulsions knowing what I am prone to.

I try to remember that every success comes with multiple steps. That reaching a goal to it’s entirety is less of a wholesale and more of a lease. You’re paying in on the experience not just the feeling of crossing the finish line.

I focus on small things through out my day that remind me of the timed essence that is being alive; I remember that my goals are only an activity in the experience that is breathing oxygen and being flush with blood.